When it comes to hanging hammocks, it’s been always a debate about whether to use raw ropes or tree straps. Well, it actually depends on your preferences or needs. If you’re used to hanging hammocks with ropes, you can do so and if you like tree straps, you may use it as well. However, you have to remember that both have pros and cons. So, make sure to be aware of those things to avoid any inconvenience.
These are a great alternative to hang hammocks from trees. Tree straps prevent possible damage that result from installing hooks into your tree and enable you to move hammocks easily. Before you install tree straps, you have to find 2 trees that are with proper distance. If you’re not sure which distance is good for your hammock, you can check a chart about hanging distance. If you know which of the trees from you’re going to hang hammocks, wrap every strap around the first tree. When it’s already wrapped around the tree, place a ring through its end with a loop in the strap as well as pull until it’s snug. You should also wrap the strap around trees once more. Repeat the procedure for the second tree and once done, it’s time for you to relax.
- #1 Hammock Tree Straps Set on Amazon: 12 Feet Long (24 Ft Total) x 1 Inch Wide (Tree Friendly), 20 Attachment Loops (40 Total), 1000+ Lbs Per Strap (2000+ Lbs Total). No-Stretch Heavy Duty Triple Stitched Seams, Set of 2 Straps with Two Free Locking Carabiners & Bag. Hang Your Portable Single and Double Parachute Hammocks
- Fast & Easy To Hang Your Hammock: Setting up a hammock with MalloMe hammock hanging straps takes less than 1 minute! Setup and tear down is so easy with no complicated knots to learn. MalloMe Hammock Straps for Trees safely suspend you by anchor points that are over 25 feet apart. Perfect suspension for trees, posts, large rocks, roof racks, boat masts, docks, and more- great for camping, hiking, backpacking, cottage living - a must for your hammock outdoor furniture and outdoor patio furniture
- Adjustable & No-Stretching For Comfort: Our daisy-chained loop system makes it easy to adjust the height of your hammock fast so that your hang is amazingly comfortable every time even around grand trunk trees. And with our high quality 100% polyester webbing material, where your hammock hangs is were it stays. No stretching and ending up on the ground after a while, even when wet.
- Perfect Gift for Family and Friends: #1 Outdoor Camping Gear Hammock Set for Backyard, Backpacking Gear, Hiking Gear, or at the Beach for anyone looking for a high quality, great value product for the camping world to enjoy with the people you love. Must have for Camping Equipment and/or Camping Supplies
Last update on 2021-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Ropes are made from the natural fibers, which are typically light brown. It can be also made from synthetic fibers like polypropylene or nylon. The nylon ropes stretch like rubber bands when under the strain up to 40% of its length depending on the imposed weight. This only means that even though your hammock is tightly pulled, it’ll sag as the user’s weight stretches the rope. On contrary, natural fibers swell whenever it’s wet. The reason behind it is that natural fiber ropes absorb water, which results to swelling. Swollen fibers would cause ropes to tighten up by about ten percent. It just means that once you use natural fiber ropes, hammocks are stretched a bit during an inclement weather.
Which is Better Between Raw Ropes and Tree Straps for Hammock?
Ropes are used by many hammock users because they weigh less than the tree straps and cost lesser. Rope system is also more versatile compared to a strap system. Ropes offer an increased adjustability and may be used as well for a variety of some multi-use needs in a lot of kids of survival situations you might encounter outdoors. But, there are also some who recommend tree straps because they are durable and much easier to use. Aside from that, it doesn’t cause damage to the trees. Yet, the choice is always yours. Just ensure that regardless of what you use for hanging your hammocks, always see to it that the trees have strong bark and healthy.
- NOW YOU CAN HANG BETWEEN THOSE EXTRA LARGE TREES AND WIDER DISTANCES: These new straps are the longest on the market! Setup & relax in your hammock in less than 90 seconds! No complicated knots to learn. Safely suspend by anchor points up to twenty-eight feet apart. Daisy-chained loop system makes it easy to adjust the height of your hammock fast.
- STRONGEST STRAPS ON THE MARKET: Reinforced double-power stitching. 2,200+ LBS combined breaking strength tested. Working load strength rated at 700 pounds combined according to industry standards. 100% no-stretch polyester webbing.
- ADJUSTABLE & BUILT FOR COMFORT: Our daisy-chained loop system makes it easy to adjust the height of your hammock fast so that you hang is amazingly comfortable every time. And with our high quality 100% polyester material, where your hammock hangs is were it stays. No stretching and ending up on the ground after a while, even when wet.
- HAMMOCK STRAPS XL & CARABINER SPECS: 14 FT long (28 FT total) x .75 IN wide (tree-friendly), 24 loops (48 combined). Ultralight & compact, 17.2 OZ with bag & carabiners. Set comes with 2 PREMIUM ALUMINUM WIREGATE CARABINERS.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: When you order today, you are protected by a lifetime no-questions asked money back guarantee along with world class customer service! Our hammock straps are the difference between a fun, quick, and stress-free hammock setup and one that is frustrating, time consuming, and limited in hanging options. Just read our customer reviews and grab your own set now with confidence!
Last update on 2021-07-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIYou can buy raw ropes and tree straps online. But, before you choose any of these options, always check for the quality of the products to ensure that you will experience peace of mind and convenience during your hammock camping.